packed light brown sugar
ground cinnamon, divided
Pinch ground allspice
Best devices for this recipeSee all
With a mixer on medium speed, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil and egg until blended.
Gradually stir in flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and allspice until well blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer with basket to 375ºF.
- Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness on floured surface. Using a floured donut cutter, cut donuts. Gather pieces, roll and cut again. Repeat cutting and rolling with remaining dough.
- Carefully, lower donuts into deep fryer. Cook 1 minute and turn over. (Donuts will raise to the surface before 1 minute.)
- Cook an additional minute. Remove to a wire rack lined with paper towels. Cool 5 minutes.
- Shake sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a resealable plastic bag to combine. Add donuts, two at a time to bag. Seal bag and shake until donuts are coated with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
There is no review yet
Help other users with the choice - be the first to share your opinion about this product.